Sylveon, and finally
I don’t know what I expected.
But if I’m voiced by Jennifer Hale..
And you’re voiced by Jennifer Hale…
Then who’s flying the plane?
Who is also voiced by Jennifer Hale.
(Source: the11supernovas, via elfyourmother)
do your beta testing duty and say something about it on the forum svp
I just did and so have several others, so if you’re shy about being the first to speak up, that’s been done for you
go do the thing
but its important
IM SORRY BUT IM DYING THEY LOOK LIKE A BOY BAND
even if they had 50 different artists only using the first image from google image search as reference for skin color you still get vastly different results sooooooooooooooooo
and since they said we can share stuff that has been shared publicly at PAX, here’s how the art we’ve been criticizing looks like currently in the keep (or before it’s updated to reflect the PAX update)
so yeah, there was work to be done and now even moreso with this ridiculous coloring bs
and it’s not like it was a whole bunch of different artists drawing shit over from scratch either soooooooooooooooooooooo
Okay, I’ll bite because I’m kind of sick of stylistic and lighting excuses.
- Given that it’s never the other way around (Styles used that darken white characters) and based on the reception black actors get for being cast in anything Shakespeare that isn’t Othello because of “accuracy” and shit……. It is a fucking poor excuse and a rather dismissive stylistic choice that is………yeah, racist. Intent doesn’t really matter when you erase the last three PoC Thedas still had that weren’t brutalized/killed.
- The critique is coming from people who are living from scraps of scraps when it comes to representation. Thedas, for all its racist and gross undertones (I.E. Loghain and Howe being designed on Jewish stereotypes), is blindingly white. The only PoC we have seen are Duncan (Sacrificial lamb for a main white male character’s manpain and revenge), Isabela (Fetishized and slutshamed throughout), Zevran (Same but with gross NO HOMO! outcries from the dudebros….) and Sten……. and….AND?
- Based on all of this, BioWare’s “artistic choice” to use an art style that effectively whitewashes their few non white characters is rightly criticized and condemned. Because darker skintones ARE possible using this style. There’s evidence, it’s called Wynne’s face.
- The b/w images aren’t even the focus here but the preview of the colored artwork seen in the PAX Demo. Just fyi because context kinda matters.
- Can we stop making excuses when POC are upset about losing the scraps of scraps they’ve been living on more and more, esp. if the offender is “progressive” BioWare? Because we white folks shouldn’t be opening our big yaps at all, given that we’re not the ones being marginalized, wronged, slighted and basically told - We’re doing this for our (white!) fans! -, unless it is to support them? Why do you think “Iconic” Hawke was everywhere? Or why the non-customized place holders for non imported Wardens have all been white so far? (That Dev had one dark skinned dwarf among his customized heroes, HALLELUJAH!)
BioWare and its “artistic integrity” don’t need defending here. So could we focus on getting this shit fixed now?
You know, you can review a Yaoi anime without starting every paragraph with “Yaoi isn’t really my cup of tea” “I wasn’t as invested because I don’t usually like Yaoi” “I’m not a fan of the Yaoi genre but”